Fermentation Combo Kit
Why You Need It
This Home Fermentation Combo Kit contains the essential supplies you need to successfully make a variety of fermented foods brimming with probiotics and flavor. Traditional lacto-fermentation of vegetables made in many cultures required a watchful eye to make sure it diid not spoil. Today's modern tool make is so much easier to preserving foods and add their high nutrients to your diet.
Includes a set in the size you choose:
- 4 Pickle Pipe Silicone Airlocks - to fit either regular mouth or wide mouth mason jars (of any size, pints, quarts, etc). The Pickle Pipe screws into place using any standard mason jar band and is a super simple one-piece waterless airlock that allows gas to escape as necessary while preventing air and contaminants flow back into the jar. Set it and forget until the ferment is done - no worries.
- 4 Pickle Pebbles Clear Lead-Free, Food-Grade and Non-Porous Glass Fermentation Weights - to fit either regular or wide mouth mason jars. These weights ensure your vegetables stay below the surface of the brine, eliminating exposure to oxygen (the main cause of failure in lacto-fermentation). Specially designed for fermenting foods in mason jars, these non-iridized soda glass round weights are completely inert and non-toxic, guaranteeing that nothing leaches into your ferment.
These tools take the guess work out of fermenting foods and help you make perfect products every time!
You can also add these two perfect handy additional tools below to make a deluxe combo kit perfect for anyone who wants to dive into the world of fermentation with excellent tools, whether a beginner or advanced chef. Fermentating at home helps you to upgrade the nutrition in your diet and save money on probiotics!
- a Pickle Packer Natural Acacia Wood Vegetable Tamper. Designed for small-batch fermentation of sauerkraut and other veggies in both wide-mouth and regular-mouth mason jars utilizing either end of the tamper. Acacia is strong, durable and an eco-friendly, sustainable wood, and finished with a food-safe mineral oil to seal and protect it. 10" tall, 2.5" at the wide end and 2" at the smaller end.
- Pickle Packer Care Instructions: Hand wash in warm soap water only. Occasional oiling with food-safe mineral oil may help to lengthen its life of use. Not dishwasher safe and should never be allowed to stand in water as it may damage the wood.
- a book of instructions and recipes: Fermented Vegetables by Kirsten & Christopher Shockey Learn all about this classic method of preserving vegtables to produce a nutrient-dense live foods packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and probiotic goodness in your own kitchen. Master techniques for making sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, and condiments, and see how to apply those simple skills to fermenting with more than 60 fresh vegetables, herbs, and even a few fruits. 140 recipes with suggestions for using for an intriguing array of fermented foods in your meals.
With these two add-ons, you will have a complete deluxe set of tools for use!