Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade - 6 oz. powder
SKU: SUPPLEMENTS.:DiatomEarth 6oz
Why You Need It
Diatomaceous Earth, from one of the four fresh water deposits in the USA approved by the FDA as Food grade. This amorphous (non-crystalline), is pure, natural, ground, unheated, non-toxic for human use. Also a great supplement for pets!
Our Diatomaceous Earth is approximately 89% silica, and contains other trace minerals as well, including magnesium, iron, calcium, boron, manganese, copper, titanium and more. Trace minerals plays an important role in the human body's structure and many of its vital functions.
Silica is an essential part of skin, collagen, and helps build healthy bones, joints, teeth and hair. Silica also directly assists the absorption of other minerals. For example, silica enables calcium to be deposited into bones and tooth enamel.
As Diatomaceous Earth moves through the stomach and digestive tract, it scrubs the walls clean, attracting and absorbing toxins and harmful microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, parasites, also pesticide residues and other drug/chemical and heavy metal residues. It's an incredible intestinal "wall scrubber" and may lead to better elimination when taken in moderation.
Silica also scavenges bad fats and helps the body eliminate them.
More silica used to be common in the human diet. But modern soils are depleted and fertilizers do not replace the much needed mineral. Silica is one of the best kept secrets as a beneficial supplement!
Food grade diatomaceous earth is very effective for killing parasites found in the intestinal tract. It works by mechanical action, its microscopically sharp edges slicing into the worms and causing them to dry out and die.
Diatomaceous Earth, Food grade
Made from the ground, fossilized remains of tiny, aquatic organisms called diatoms whose skeletons are made from the natural substance silica. This DE is amorphous (non-crystalline) from a freshwater source in the USA. The FDA rates this source and product Food Grade.
As a dietary supplement to support healthy skin, bones, hair, nails and teeth:
Start with a teaspoon of Diatomaceous Earth daily in water, juice or food. Some people do best with 1 teaspoon once or twice a day. Others prefer to work up to a Tablespoon daily.
Children, like kittens, should start with 1/4 teaspoon and can work up to a teaspoon daily, all at once in juice, smoothie or food, or split twice a day.
For Parasite Cleansing:
Take a level Tablespoon once a day or a heaping teaspoon twice a day. May be mixed in pure water, juice or food.
Between meals may work better for parasite cleansing, but taking it regularly is better than missing doses because you mistimed it.
Start anytime you have symptoms of intestinal parasites. Take daily for at least a month and you can also add other parasite formulas to assist in destroying and removing eggs, larvae and protozoal parasites in the blood stream and other organs. You can cycle 10 days on, 10 days off for 2-3 months.
Diatomaceous Earth is a great maintenance product for parasites. Take it for 3-5 days once or twice a month, around the full moon and new moon are good times, but any time is better than not doing it.
NOTE: Diatomaceous seems to affect different people differently, helping some move their bowels and causing constipation in others. It is drying - it strips fats from the system. This is one of its beneficial actions if you are eating it to lower the fats in your blood or to kill parasites. Best to take it with plenty of water, and be prepared to use food or herbs to move the bowels if necessary, to ensure rapid elimination of waste and dead parasites. Doses of two tablespoons are most likely to cause constipation, so cut back if this occurs.
If you are taking DE for beneficial minerals for hair, skin and bone, be sure to eat enough good oils like coconut, olive and avocado. This will provide oil enough for health and bowels. It is best to skimp on oil while parasite cleansing to have strongest effect on them.
If you experience any healing crisis of headache or slight flu-like symptoms from toxins being released, this may last for a few hours or a few days. In that case, immediately reduce the dose to half until symptoms disappear. Then work up to the full dose over a few days.
As with all dust, limit the inhalation of this. Inhalation symptoms of a single overexposure might include coughing, wheezing, difficult breathing and minor upper respiratory tract irritation. Remove to fresh air. Drink water to clear throat. Blow nose to evacuate nose to clear dust. Possible effects of long term, repeated excessive exposure: chronic overexposure may cause a serious lung disease due to dust deposits in the lungs.
Eye contact may cause temporary discomfort and irritation. Flush eyes with large quantities of water. If irritation persists contact a physician.
Food grade: Not hazardous when ingested!