Adrenal Fatigue is stress-related and can cause different symptoms like a weakened immune system, exhaustion, tiredness, difficulty getting up in the morning and cravings for salty food. These are just a few symptoms.
Adrenal Fatigue can be caused by chronic stress, the theory behind is that your adrenal glands are unable to keep pace with the demands. The adrenals are located on top of each kidney and produce different hormones; one of them is called cortisol which is pushed into the bloodstream under stress. If you are under constant stress the Adrenals can’t keep up with it. As a result, they can’t produce quite enough hormones you need to feel good and you can feel fatigue, lethargic etc.
These hormone changes can affect every part of your body. Everyone can experience it differently but here are some common symptoms like sleep interruptions, weakened immune system, fatigue and exhaustion and the need for stimulants like coffee or sugar.
The body tries to compensate for these hormone inefficiencies with cravings for caffeine, sugar and salty foods.
Restoring your overworked Adrenals seems almost impossible – especially when you are already exhausted! Fortunately, the road to recovery is easier then you might think. You can start with a few lifestyle changes.
Here is a quick overview on the do’s and don’t
- Avoid Sugars, artificial sweeteners and soda
- Reduce Stress – Read our full article on Stress and Adrenal Fatigue
- Minimize Bad fats, like hydrogenated oils
- Recover from stress with our adrenal nourishing tea’s and tincture
- Hydrate with good Water
- Add Celtic Sea Salt – supports the adrenals
- Eat fresh Vegetables like Cauliflower, Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts – see our healthy recipes
- Include Avocados
- Enjoy a fresh salad with Leafy Greens like Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chart
- Eat enough clean proteins of your choice to help rebuild your cells
- Seaweed for minerals or liquid plant-derived colloidal minerals
These are some steps you can take to improve your health right away! I wish you lot’s of success!