Enjoy This Holiday Season with Delicious Raw Recipes
The base for this drink is creamy sesame milk.
We recommend using hulled sesame seeds to avoid any bitterness and speed the recipe-making time. (Unhulled seeds should be soaked and drained).
You will need a Vitamix or other high-speed blender and a net nutmilk bag to strain the the milk.
- 2 cups hulled sesame seeds
- 4 cups spring water
- about 6 Medjool dates, pits removed (sweetness to taste)
- ground cloves
pinch of Celtic sea salt and/or several tablespoon of carob powder
- Blend sesame seeds and half of water in Vitamix until seeds are thoroughly crushed.
- Add rest of water and complete blending.
- Mix liquid through a nutmilk bag (net or muslin), strain and squeeze out all the milk into a bowl.
- Put the strained sesame milk back into blender with dates and spices to taste. Blend.
It’s ready to drink!
Need Something Simple and Sweet to Enjoy without Guilt?
2) Walnut-Filled Candy!
This recipe can be made for any number, large or small, and so is made by proportion rather than precise measurement.
- spring water, or coconut water
- raw walnuts
- your favorite dates, pits removed
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Carob Powder – Wildcrafted,
- Coconut, Shredded – Raw & Organic
- Rawtella – 6 oz. Jar (raw chocolate-hazelnut cacao cream in a jar!)
- raw carob powder
- raw ground cacao
- peppermint extract
- shredded coconut
- Blend 3 parts unsoaked walnuts with 1 part dates in food processor until smooth.
- Mix in enough water or coconut water to make a smooth cream, with a pinch of Celtic sea salt to taste.
- Make some candies with optional flavors, if desired : Add 1/4 part raw carob or cacao, with more water, and optional peppermint for chocolate-mint flavor. Or add a drop of vanilla, and/or shredded coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Split each date in half and fill walnut & flavored cream.
- Option: simply fill some dates with *Rawtella! Or add a spoonful to the walnut cream.
- Place a walnut half on top of cream. Enjoy!
Mmmm, sweet and creamy or chocolate-y, minty. Delicious!
Please visit our website Health Freedom Resources to see all our Raw Foods, Herbal Remedies and Natural health-related items and Articles.
Ron Radstrom, President
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your health practitioner if you suspect you have a health problem.